Bakewell Tart Porridge
- Simon Rookyard
Recipe by Simon Rookyard, 2013 Entry
75g Mornflake fine oatmeal
50g Mornflake medium grade oatmeal
1 1/2 pint water
4 tsp almond essence
1. Place the oats and water in a pan and bring to the boil.
2. When the porridge has thickened considerably, stir in the almond essence.
3. In a separate pan heat the coulis.
4. Once the porridge has reached the desired consistency (the thicker the better) add two layers to a ramekin, separated by a layer of coulis.
5. Garnish with flaked almonds and half a cherry.
6. Serve immediately accompanied by a flaked almond biscuit.