Lemon & Blueberry Porridge
- Simon Rookyard
Recipe by Simon Rookyard – 2015 World Porridge Making Champion
This is inspired by a rather nice cake I had from a fair. I thought the lemon and blueberry worked well together and I thought “that would make a nice porridge!”
- 150 g oats
- 750 ml water
- 12 level teaspoons lemon juice
- 9 heaped teaspoons sugar
- Blueberry sauce
- Zest of one lemon
For the blueberry sauce:
- 150 g blueberries (approx)
- 150 ml water
- 150 ml orange juice
- 6 heaped tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 heaped tablespoons cornflour
1. For the blueberry sauce, combine the blueberries, orange juice, sugar and 100 ml of the water in a pan and bring to the boil
2. Mix the cornflour and the remaining water and stir into the blueberry mixture. Simmer until the sauce thinckens.
3. Mix the oats and water in a pan. Heat well.
4. When the porridge starts to thicken add the lemon juice and sugar and reduce the heat.
5. When the porridge reaches the desired consistency, pour into bowls. Top with a dollop of the blueberry sauce and spinkle with grated lemon zest