Oatmeal Ebelskivers with Whisky Marmalade
- Hayley Pople
Recipe by Hayley Pople – 2013 Entry
Makes 20 roughly, time 20 mins.
½ cup Rude Health The Oatmeal
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 ½ cups oat milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Whisky Marmalade
confectioners sugar, for serving
clotted cream, to serve
- In a small bowl, whisk the oat flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, then set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the yolks, milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter until combined. Stir in dry ingredients. Mixture should be lumpy, don’t over mix.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites just until stiff peaks form, then fold into batter.
- Place ebelskiver pan on a medium/high heat and add a ¼ tsp butter to each well. When bubbling, add batter until half full, add a small blob of whisky marmalade, then cover with a teaspoon of batter.
- Let ebelskivers cook until bottomer are golden (4 mins roughly), then flip with chopsticks and continue to cook until golden all round (3 mins more). Transfer to a plate, cover with foil, and repeat with remaining batter.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with clotted cream.