Banana Oat Pancakes with Canadian Whiskey infused Blueberry Compote
- 11th October 2021
This recipe is the easiest and healthiest pancake recipe there is. It comes together in a snap and the pancakes are fluffy, delicious, low fat, vegan and gluten free!! Believe it!!
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 bananas (ripe with brown spots)
1/4 tsp salt
1tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup water
1/4 – 1/2 cup blueberries
1. Place all ingredients (except blueberries’ in a high speed blender and blend well until completely smooth.
2. Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat until good and hot.
3. Pour a ladle full of batter onto hot skillet. Repeat a couple times without crowding the pan.
4. Place 6-8 blueberries into the surface of each pancake.
5. Cook on first side for 2 – 3 minutes. When surface has lots of little bubbles place spatula under each pancake and flip. Cook another 2 – 3 minutes on this side. When beautifully fluffy and browned they’re done.
Canadian Whiskey Infused
1 cup blueberries (wild preferred)
1/4 cup Canadian Whiskey (I used Sortilege)
1/2 cup Canadian Maple Syrup
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
2. Place over low heat stirring occasionally for a few minutes or until warmed through.
Serve pancakes with a several spoonfuls of the blueberry/whiskey/maple compote poured over top. Amazing!!! Delicious!!! Super fast!!! So healthy!!! (Well, obviously the whiskey may not be considered healthy…by some.)